Friday, September 14, 2007

my last Inquest Magazine illustrations


This was a rush job I did the beginning of July for an article on Magic: The Gathering, a game I've never played. Got the assignment at 430 in the afternoon and had to pencil it that night - about 6 or 7 hours work - got approval of the pencils early the next morning then spent the rest of the day doing inks and colors (about 14 hours).

Then I did 3 full color spot illustrations for the same article the day after that. I get tired just thinking about it.




I actually kind of like doing rush jobs - it keeps me from getting too pretentious about things, and the art usually ends up being a lot looser and livelier.

Shortly after I posted these images online I found out that Inquest's last issue will be published this month. Oh well, it had a good run.

No comments: